Thursday, July 5, 2012

FREEDOM!

Ah....well, if you didn't realize it....yesterday was the 4th of July.

http://www.homesbymorningstar.com/uploads/Liberty4th-of-july.jpg

It's the day we celebrate America's independence! Yesterday I celebrated my freedom by doing research all day. But what crossed my mind was that I am free.

I live in a free country! I am meat free! and I am free from the eternal consequences of my sin...........Sin....the self inflicted separation from God. Ewwww.....really anything 'self-inflicted' sounds worse when described as such. Even awesome things lose their luster when 'self-inflicted'. Lucky for us.....sin doesn't lose any luster. The only way that sin has luster to begin with is if Satan makes it look better than it actually is, and that is not nice, why he is Satan and not God.

Anyway.....I am free. The freedom experienced in this country was paid by countless people's lives. In the same way, my eternal freedom was paid for my one man, Jesus. I can never express just how thankful I am for everyone who was part of making this country great. Along the same lines.....try as I may, I will never be able to truly express my gratitude to God for my salvation. (luckily, He knows, since He knows everything....)

No comments:

Post a Comment