Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hocus Pocus FOCUS!

Well, I have been in research crunch time for the last month and a half (or more) but currently I am in SUPER CRUNCH TIME mode. Ahhhh! This project has redefined my definition of focus! (Actually, it might have made me even more scatter brained than I was at the start). When I laid down to go to sleep last night I couldn't even stop thinking about my project. My mind was flipping through different methods to eliminate image noise in my head that we (my adviser and I) could try to get a higher phase only correlation value (not important if you didn't get that last sentence..... haha)

Anyway, I had an awesome chat with a good friend on the phone yesterday. And....at the same time I was able to get research done! Yes, amazing, I know. My friend and I were able to catch up with what God is doing in both of our lives since we barely ever get to chat. I discussed with him my frustration with my life currently. (Don't get me wrong, I love my life.) My frustration comes when I think about what I am doing right now with it. I am up to my eyeballs (or even further) in student loans for my education. I am working at nausea to finish my advanced degree. I don't have a full time job to take care of those eyeball high loans. At the end of August I don't have a place to live. And the list continues....This is how the list flies through my mind. My mind only focuses on the negative and then I get super frustrated with where I'm at. Blah Blah Blah Blah....I could seriously keep writing more of how my mind works but, to be honest...it doesn't really apply to my God Experience.

All in all, while debriefing my friend, I came to the conclusion that I am focused on what is (or isn't) to come, instead of FOCUSING on the PRESENT! Like, what is happening right NOW......and NOW......and NOW in my life. Why worry and freak out about tomorrow when I should really be FOCUSED on today! God talks about how beautiful He has made the flowers outside, and even though He has made each one so beautiful and delicate, they only last a short amount of time.



If He spends that much energy making sure those temporary things of this world are taken care of.....how

much more energy does God spend taking care of us? I need to focus on what I am doing in my life today. Tomorrow will take care of itself!
28“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment