Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Grace Grace Everywhere. I should probably give some away!

I have been more crazy than ever. I have less than a week to get all my research data collected and then I have my seminar the following week! AHHHHH!!! Oh yeah...and the summer class that I'm teaching started up this week so that means I need to make 8 hours of lecture power points each week for the next 5 weeks (and 4 exams too). Humm....well, luckily I have nothing to do. That should be really fun! Those are just the academic things going on in my life....there is much more happening other than that too....Well, as much as I feel like the above are good excuses for not posting in a while.....they aren't. I have had God Experiences! There were quite a few this past Sunday! But, wouldn't you believe that I have completely forgotten them.

A good friend and I had a conversation through facebook and she reminded me of how much grace I am given every day. I get a ton from everyone around me but what I was focused on was the grace that God gives me. If He is able to be so gracious to me how would I even think about denying someone my grace? That reminds me of the parable of the man who was waived of all of his fees to the king and immediately after his slate was cleaned he went out and threw a man who owed him a minuscule amount of money in jail until he could pay him back. When the king found out about this he was furious and retrieved the man and punished him for not showing the same kindness he was shown to his deter.

We can't with hold grace and compassion from people around us (yes, even when they don't deserve it....actually, especially when they don't deserve it) because we were in the same boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment