Monday, May 21, 2012

Let Everything that has Breath, Praise God!

First of all, if you have never watched the video of Louie Giglio below, it is well worth the fourteen minutes! 
This morning I final kicked my lazy mental state of mind out the door (literally) ha ha. I was able to wake up, throw my clothes in the wash and go out for a short run! FINALLY! Since it was damp and dreary out, there was no one else at the park. The road goes through a nice small area of trees (kind of a mini forest). My 'God Sighting' today was listening to the birds and rain in the forest. 
I slowed down to a walk (which isn't that much of a change from my running pace) and just listened to my surroundings. It was a lovely start to my day! And reminded me of one of my favorite Psalms. 

Psalms 150
Praise the LORD.
Praise God in His sanctuary;
praise Him in His mighty heavens.
Praise Him for His acts of power;
praise Him for His surpassing greatness.
Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet,
praise Him with the harp and lyre,
praise Him with the timbrel and dancing,
praise Him with the strings and pipe,
praise Him with the clash of symbols,
praise Him with resounding symbols.
Let everything that has breath, praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD. 

So, for all of the animals that haven't figured out how to strum a harp or lyre or don't own a symbol or two; God has provided to them their own ways to praise!!!! Find your way to praise God today!


No comments:

Post a Comment