Sunday, May 20, 2012

Seeing God Through Songs

For a while now I have been not actively seeking out God. Sure I want to be following His plan for my life because I know it is good (Jeremiah 29:11) but I have been avoiding putting effort into my relationship with Him. I am creating this blog to try to track the 'God Sightings' I witness each and every day. Perhaps while I am seeking God and providing my mini eureka moments my thoughts might inspire or encourage anyone who might stumble across this blog.
Today I posted both of these paintings I did in 2011 while visiting one of my favorite families (Jeremiah 29:11 Ministries) in Georgia. Today in church two of my favorite new worship songs were played. (I would tell you the names but I can't remember them right this second. I'm sure that the lyrics will be posted sometime later on because they still bring tears to my eyes, not because of sadness but of bringing the sheer greatness of God to the front of my mind and overwhelming me.) This time of worship is an example of how music (singing, playing instruments, and yes, even dancing) is how many people 'feel' God's presence. I personally am dependent on worship based music/lyrics to bring me into a state of worship and it is a way for me to calm my nerves and even focus for a little while. Think about what your favorite way to worship is........


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those paintings, and cannot express how blessed we are to have them in the family :) You've been on my mind lately... Praying all is well, and looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete