Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Stuck Down

"All I need's another day, where I can't seem to get away, from the many things that drag me down. I'm sure you've had a day like me where nothing seems to set you free, from burdens you can't carry all alone. In your weakness, He is stronger. In your darkness, He shines through. When you're cryin', He's your comfort. When you're all alone, He's carrying you!......This valley, is so deep. I can barely see the sun. I cry out, for mercy LORD. And He lifts me up again! I get down, He lifts me up!"  ---Get Down, Audio Adrenaline
Every time! This is the second night in a row that I have spent working on my graduate research instead of sleeping. For some reason my normal podcast started putting me to sleep (well, maybe it was a lack of caffeine in my bloodstream or the fact that I am exhausted). So, I resorted to watching cute animals on YouTube and then decided to be more productive and sing along with some of my favorite old school worship songs. Audio Adrenaline is still up there for Favorite Christian Musicians for me. I absolutely love their "Get Down" music video. It shows just how much fun these guys had throughout the years as a band. I also am a huge fan of the lyrics. Especially right now in a dark lab at 2:35am working on my research all alone. There is an end in sight but it doesn't seem like all the work that needs to get done can physically fit in that small amount of time. Today I quickly became discouraged after staying up all night in the lab working on getting research done for my meeting with my advisor she says in our meeting "I just don't know if you can get it all done". Yay! That is what I have waited to hear all day!!! (extreme sarcasm). So, seeing that I still had 15 more hours of research and some data analysis that wasn't hard but would take some time, I knew again that I would spend the night in the lab. And so here I am.

What is great about our God is that He gave us free will. With this free well we tend to stumble; stumble all over the place. Even though God lets us fall and skin our knee, He never leaves us there. He lets us learn from what we did, and then comes over and picks us back up. Amazing!  If you feel like your trapped down in a valley and you can't even see where the sky is, ALWAYS remember that our God is gracious and will lift us up again!!

1 comment: