Saturday, May 26, 2012

Trust

Today is going to be short and sweet. (at least that what I think right now....but God only knows.....) Exactly. God only knows! He knows everything about EVERYTHING! Crazy concept! That fact that he knows everything comes close to blowing my mind but, what sends grey matter all over the wall behind me is that he knows everything about the past, the present, and if that wasn't enough, the future too! Phew. What is even crazier, is that knowing everything includes knowing everything about each and every one of us.....I don't even know everything about myself! Ah.....Our God is simply AMAZING! (well, if you have read my other posts you are well aware that amazing doesn't cut it to describe Him.)

This past Sunday the Boys and Girls clubs at our church (from what I know they are sort of like the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts) stood up and sang a song for the congregation. Also, some of the kids got awards for memorizing close to if not more than 70 Bible verses! Thanks God. CONVICTED! If I were to recall Psalm 119:9-11 it is recommended for us to hide God's word in our hearts so that we can be aware of sin and keep ourselves pure. Hummm.....if this tiny little child can memorize 70 or so verses...why can't I try one a week or at least pick some good ones (haha....the Bible is chock full of 'good' verses) and learn those really well and maybe I would get better at that? (It might even help me remember people's names....). So a friend and I sat there watching these kids get their awards and we decided that we could learn a thing or two from these little ones. So....since I have been kind of in transition mode in my life for a bit I picked Jeremiah 29:10-14.....
This is what the LORD says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."
 Huh. Well....I love these verses. I tend to get frazzled about where my life is going. Why did God have me come here to get a specific degree when I can't find a job that uses that knowledge? Where am I going? Well....this all might be God's still small voice reminding me to seek Him will ALL my heart. I get fearful of that word. That means there is none left for me to have and hold on to. But, why would I need a piece of my heart when the Almighty God who Created well...everything has planned my life? I might trust people too much here on earth but what is stopping me from trusting God? Is there stopping you too? (guess this wasn't as short as I originally thought.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment