Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Filtered Image

Today I don't really have a lot to say. I am trying to stay motivated on my thesis/research.

I have avoided becoming stressed or frustrated with all the work I have to get done in the next couple weeks (yeah, the count down is in weeks!!! :\ ). But today I had two hours of frustration and doubt! It was not enjoyable at all. Lies flashed through my head that kept me from thinking clearly. "Your not smart enough to complete this!" "Why do you even try, your going to get it wrong" It got to a point where I just had to chill and step away from the computer for a few minutes.

Later I started listening to the worship music play list (which happens to contain a few songs from Chris Tomlin). I had calmed down by now and the songs I was reminded me that God accepts me where I'm at. Even though I am never good enough to get into Heaven (because only those that are perfect get that honor) I know that God looks at me through a filter, a Jesus filter. Whenever He sees me, He doesn't see all the times I've failed. He sees someone who is perfect! (I wish my mirror had a Jesus filter on it....haha) I am SO thankful that I can depend on Jesus and His sacrifice to allow accesses to God! I went from a mindset of doubt and almost anger to an overwhelming thankfulness! Phew! : )


No comments:

Post a Comment