Friday, June 1, 2012

Sing Your Song!

While working in the lab I either am listening to the podcast or I have music playing. The last couple days I wanted to listen to music. I had a couple Frank Sinatra moments and moved onto Perry Como (one of my Dad's favorites) and slowly drifted into Grits (which is a far skip and a jump from Frank or Perry. Today, Perry Como's song 'Sing' started playing. I actually stopped and listened to some of the words.
"Don't worry if it's not good enough, for anyone else to hear. Sing, sing a song!"

I have loved singing and music my whole life. It was probably because it was apart of my life from a very young age. But as much as I like music, I know that I am not an exceptional singer or guitar player. I don't practice or have any training what so ever and really don't have the energy to try to get better. But, this 'lack of talent' should NEVER keep me from worshiping. I think I talked before about how worship can and should be every part of your life. It should just be singing or playing music, it should be you mowing a neighbor's lawn just because you can or surprising someone with flowers for no reason at all. But that is not what I was thinking about earlier in the lab. What this song brought to my attention was that I should sing no matter what. Even if I think people are listening or even judging. Someone else's theoretical thoughts shouldn't keep my praise to the God who deserves it. Keep a song in your heart and know that all praise is beautiful in God's ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment