Saturday, June 2, 2012

Prepare To Be Provided For!

At this moment I am taking a quick brake from editing small parts of my thesis to write here. (So the length will depend on how badly I want to get back to working on that.....)

Today I kind of took a day off from research. I felt like I deserved it after this past week but honestly I can't afford to take days off until the end of July when I'll be DONE! So, I at least took the day off from sitting in the lab. 

Hit a couple yard sales in the morning and for about an hour helped a friend move things into his new living space. At one point he said, "wow, aren't I lucky to have some friends who actually like moving stuff?". I wouldn't really say you're lucky, more or less you have been taken care of. We already went through how God knows everything so obviously know knows our needs. (He also knows our wants and dreams but our needs are much more important). He knows when we simply need a mental break and we will provide that window of time for you. He also knows when you just need a friend to talk to, or someone to help you complete something. He not only knows our needs but he also understands them too. He gets that you have had a crazy week and just need your quiet time. He has been there. Thinking of all that Jesus accomplished in His short time on earth makes me want to take a nap. 

Anyway, what I'm getting at (if you didn't get it from the title) is that God is our provider. There might be times when we really need something (or think we need something) and we don't get it. Why is that? (Well, I wouldn't ask me that question...) Is he trying to teach us something? I'm not really sure why things like that happen other than it works out. Even if it means you have to change your life completely it works out. There are a lot of times where I think that the challenges that God has us fight through in our lives are A) for a way to help someone else through a similar struggle and B) to be an example of how depending on God is the only strength you need. To finish off today, think back through today, yesterday, the past week and see places where God provided for you. It could be as simple as a long chat with a friend or as awesome as finding money in your pants pocket! (which never happens to me because I never wear pants with pockets). 


No comments:

Post a Comment