Monday, June 11, 2012

You Can't Get Lead Poisoning When Pencils Are Made From Graphite

Yesterday my 6' something baby brother graduated from high school! I was so blessed to be able to be home for this event in his life! Living so far away from my family for the last six years I done all I could to still be an active part in both of my brothers' lives. In Sunday School they the high school graduates were the Guests of Honor. We listened to where they are off to next with their lives (school, work etc.), prayed for each one, got to watch a wonderful slide show of photos of each graduate through the years, and listened to a short but sweet lesson.

One line in the lesson stuck out in my mind more than the rest. (The whole thing was applicable for not only the graduates but also the rest of the people in the room and it was presented in a very entertaining manner). You need goals to keep you focused but also, 'write your goals in pencil' because they might change or evolve into something you never imagined before! What great practice for anyone's life! God puts things in your heart that you are passionate for and they might lead you towards a certain path. But, you have to be willing to allow God to erase and/or re-write parts of the initial goal (or even change it completely) or you will end up with a mess.

I was one of the students who would only write in pen (yes, even in math class), so, when I would make a mistake (no matter the size) I would have to scribble it out. I personally didn't mind the mess but it made it hard for my teachers to understand my homework.


 When you are resistant to let God change your goals or the direction your life is going, you could make your life a big scribble (which, there is nothing wrong with a scribble it's just that life written in pencil just makes more sense). Allow God to be the author of your life and remember that He writes in Pencil!

No comments:

Post a Comment