Saturday, June 9, 2012

Inspiration from Above

This post is specifically for Linda and my Mum.

During my visit home I found a hornet walking around on my pillow. (Right here I will fill everyone in that I have never been stung by either a bee or a hornet EVER and so I try to avoid them just with the small chance that I am allergic). I was very close to the hornet when I found it. With the realization that I was sitting a foot away from a live (healthy as far as I could tell) hornet I freaked out. In a mild panic I scanned the room for a way to get the hornet out of my room with out him attacking me. There was a hand towel near me so I threw the towel on the hornet and then quickly put a pillow on top of that (thinking that the hornet would not be able to move with that much weight on top of it). Knowing this was not a permanent fix to the problem I hunted through the room for something to transport the hornet from my room outside. The only thing I found that I thought could almost help me was  a lint roller (the ones that you peel off one layer and it is sticky all the way around). In my head I realized just how silly of a process this had turned into but I was willing to do just about anything to get this threat out of my room. Taking the lint roller, I carefully removed the pillow, then rolled over the towel and there he was. (I am SO glad that he didn't take flight at this point because A) I don't know if I would be able to chase a hornet with a lint roller in flight and B) I would have freaked out even more). I quickly stick the roller on the hornet and then trying to prevent him from detaching himself from the sticky trap I also covered the lint roller with the towel and then I ran (literally ran) down the stairs, and through the whole house to get to the back door and threw the whole thing on the ground. Then, not wanting the lint roller to get ruined and really wanting the towel back in the house I carefully separated them and allowed the hornet to crawl away.

This story is an example of how I take some of the most simple things and over complicate them, but also how I can be successful with unique situations.

When you are brainstorming about a project or trying to problem solve in a time of panic, God brings ideas to the front of your mind. I couldn't think clearly because of my fear but God was able to give insight into how I could remove the danger. Think through ways that God has helped you get out of a sticky situation......

No comments:

Post a Comment