Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hopeful Not Stressful


Today the word 'Hope' came to mind. I started looking up "My Hope" in YouTube for a fun worship song that we would sing at BYC (Baptist Youth Camp: www.byc.cc). But, instead of finding that song I found "My Hope by Aaron Shust" (below). And that song fit exactly what I was thinking! Yes! So enjoy the song....

The reason why 'Hope' was on my mind was because I spent the entire day doing research. For anyone who has read any of the other posts...that is what I do all day, every day. So why would this day be any different?  Well, that is a completely reasonable question to ask! (I asked the same one myself). Well...today is the first full day back in the lab after a nice break visiting my family for my youngest brother's high school graduation. Even though it was not a physically restful vacation, I felt rested mentally when I got back here today. I even felt peace about by research and the thoughts of 'you can absolutely get this done by the end of July' crossed my head! WOW! What a vacation! 

The song speaks of Psalms 62:5....
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
So....the question is....do I wait in silence because I have complete faith with God. Is my hope rooted in the Almighty? When I get stressed thinking about all of the deadlines I am faced with or all the work that needs to get done it is so hard for me to lose sight of the eternal hope I have! Why is that? How is it so easy for us to forget how much God loves us or how He knows what He's doing in our lives better than we ever could and yet we can remember all the words from songs (and even a couple air guitar solos) that we haven't heard since the 80's (or even longer)? I know I need to work on realizing the source of my hope! When all I can see is a cloud of research and it seems like I will never be finished with my degree.....I need to settle down, take a deep breath (or two...or three), and remember of the hope I have found and will keep!

No comments:

Post a Comment