Friday, June 22, 2012

God is like Coffee (only better!)

I am not an avid coffee drinker. Over the last couple months I finally started being able to drink it black, but I still am not at the point where it is necessary every morning for me to wake up properly. (I never want to get to that point). But, I have noticed that my bodies toxicology (how it processes toxins aka caffeine) is a little strange. For example, if I were to drink coffee before Sunday School at around 7am I am still tired through Sunday School and the church service, but once I get home for the afternoon I start running around like a mad women getting things done and at about 100 mph! (Absolutely the coffee, I don't run around or get things done). So, there is around a five hour processing time. If I wanted the 'Good Morning Coffee' effect I would in theory have to wake up at 2am, drink a cup, and then fall back asleep. By around 7am I would be wired! All of this information is strange and not really necessary for my God Experience yesterday.

I had a rough day yesterday. (so, if you could add me into your prayers, feel free. Hint, hint). I got to the lab early, and started working on research (imagine that). But, what I was supposed to work on was not what I ended up working on because my adviser and I added another processing step and we were having some issues. Anyway, I was getting frustrated and it took until about 12:30 to make one graph, and that means that I hadn't even started the 14 hours of work that my adviser wanted done that day........

Since it was Thursday, I had to leave the lab at 5:30 to go play volleyball. (which sounds like fun and a good break but the team played bad, wait no, horrible, and the attitudes were not any better, which resulted in me being angry/stressed out from VOLLEYBALL!

Then, (I haven't talked to my Mum about this yet so Mum, if you are reading this....feel free to call but it seems that everything is fine) on my way home from volleyball (and when I say 'home' I mean 'the lab') I got a little confused about a turn and ended up hitting the edge of the curb with a bit of momentum. I pulled over, put my hazards on, and got out to look at what I had done. Well, the tire wasn't flat (which I was kind of expecting) and I had knocked my hub cap off. (I had always wondered how people lose those things...I now know) and so I ran back down the side of the road and pick my hub cap up and went back to the car. Since the tire wasn't flat and it didn't seem like anything else was wrong I was about to get back in my car to make the rest of the drive to the lab. Then a cop pulled up behind me with his lights on......."yay a cop" my mind cheered. (My comments to myself are just about as sarcastic as I am in person). I didn't know what I was supposed to do. He stayed in his car and was talking on the radio.....am I in trouble? I had only been stopped twice before (once for speeding, which I got a warning for, and another time for The Limo's inspection being expired) so I had no experience with me not really doing anything wrong and being "pulled over".......(well, I guess hitting the curb is wrong but I didn't know that you could get in trouble for it). To cut the story shorter than an other three paragraphs long, basically he asked me a few times if I had been drinking....I told him "no" and then I clearified "well, a little bit of water at volleyball" because it was SCALDING out. He then asked me for my license, registration and insurance...(I was a bit scared at this point. Am I really in trouble right now?). That was about it. He ran my info, came back and then I drove off........Needless to say, no ticket, no warning, but I cried the whole rest of the way back to the lab. I was so tired, frustrated, sad, angry, and probibly a few other emotions. I don't know what I was more frustrated about, working on my research all day every day and still not getting anywhere or the fact that I just had an interaction with a cop and he was convinced that I had been drinking.

For this whole day to be a proper God Experience I needed to process all of it. And what I came up with was Isaiah 40:30-31:
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
I was very tired. (I was also a tad bit dehydrated which made me a little weary). I need to allow God to be my coffee every morning till my research is completed (well, actually, for the rest of my life). And, God is even better than coffee. There is no coffee crash with God. You will never develop a tolerance (why you need to drink more and more coffee and more coffee for the same effect). And.......since God is Living Water, you will never go thirsty (unlike coffee, which dehydrates you something fierce).

http://creoleindc.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c5e0053ef016764a1b73a970b-800wi

I am sure I could make a few more comparisons but I am in the lab and need to get some work done. I feel a little better today and am going to have a great Worship Song session while I'm submerged in my research. Are you relying on coffee for your morning kick? Why not try God for a change? (I know that was a tad corny but hey, I am corny!)

No comments:

Post a Comment